Saturday 8 August 2009

Pop Classics Part 6 - Soft Cell - Say Hello, Wave Goodbye


Another trip down memory lane into the 1980's for some of you folk, but not for me. I only really fell for this song a year or so ago when I heard it by accident coming out of an ex-work colleague's PC speakers.

I have absolutely no interest in Marc Almond or Soft Cell and would pay hard cash never to hear their version of `Tainted Love' ever again, but this track`Say `Hello, Wave Goodbye' from 1982 is genius.

Great song, shame about the video.

2 comments:

  1. Judging by his autobiography, marc doesn't want to hear their version of "tainted love" ever again either, Liam!

    http://uncarved.org/archive/reviews231100.html

    This is a great tune which has stood the test of time for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes John, a killer for sure. It could do with a reggae cover, I reckon.

    ReplyDelete