Tuesday 1 September 2009

Crass - Big A Little A




This has to be one of my favourite punk songs of all time. Coming on the b-side of "Nagasaki Nightmare" (1980), There's nothing I can say about Crass that hasn't been written about before by many others. But for me, personally I was first exposed to Crass in around 1985 and since then have always come back to handful of songs that I rate and can still enjoy and listen to as well as "Big A Little A" such as: "Working Class Rip Off", "I Ain't Thick, It's Just a Trick", "Banned From The Roxy", "Reality Whitewash", "Rival Tribal Rebel Revel", "How Does It Feel", and maybe one or two others. The rest I can live without.

Here are the crucial lyrics and two clips. The first is the audio of the original track and the second clip is a great live clip of Steve Ignorant from Crass on stage with Conflict at the infamous "Gathering Of The 500" gig at the Brixton Academy in 1987.




No comments:

Post a Comment